If you have teenage children, it will come as no surprise that the average US teen sends and receives 3,339 texts a month and spends an hour and a half each day texting.* In fact, texting has become so popular globally that more than seven trillion SMS messages will be sent in 2011, according to Nielsen.
Text Messaging is the fastest growing form of communication in the US. So what’s the next frontier in texting? Texting beyond the cellphone. In addition to cellphone texting, Bandwidth provides the ability to seamlessly enable non-wireless telephone numbers to send and receive SMS. With the same SIP interface used for voice services, you can also instantly enable SMS for your voice application, call center solution, or subscriber device. And it works for any telephone number in our network.
- Short message service (SMS) for non-wireless telephone numbers
- Instant provisioning for SMS with voice services
- Interconnection to most mobile networks
- Full geographic redundancy of all network elements
- 24 x 7 Network Operation Centers
*Source: The Wall Street JournalTop