Bandwidth is leading the way in next generation (NG9-1-1) and text to 9-1-1 solutions for public safety, actively participating in the development of standards, Industry trials, and National Emergency Number Association (NENA) NG9-1-1 Industry Collaboration Events.
Bandwidth faclitates state and municipal public safety agencies’ migration to NG9- 1-1, with a complete, turnkey managed service including all emergency call routing components using the same all-IP network topology that helps leading VoIP service providers meet their regulatory obligations.
Whether innovating a national text to 9-1-1 clearinghouse or deploying NG9-1-1 call routing for Alabama (home of the nation’s first 9-1-1 call back in 1968), Bandwidth has the people, the vision, and the technical solutions public safety needs to ease the migration to NG9-1-1.
For more details view white paper on NG9-1-1 deployment, our FCC filings and description of our text to 9-1-1 clearinghouse concept, and information on our pending NG9-1-1 deployment for Alabama. Or click the links below for details on our filings and interactions with the FCC:
- Framework for NG9-1-1 Deployment (09.22.11)
- Facilitating the Deployment of Text to 9-1-1 and other Next Generation 9-1-1 Applications (11.09.11)
- National Text to 9-1-1 Clearinghouse presentation (02.29.12)
- Text to 9-1-1 Reply Comments (02.29.12)
- Reply Comments Diagrams (02.29.12)